How to Leverage Social Media Metrics for maximum impact
“You can't improve on it unless you measure it”. This hold true for the social media effort of your organization. Social Media can be categorized into 3 types of media – Owned media, Earned media and Paid media.
- Owned media is the one where the brand operates its own media – social media channels, blogging channels and affiliate channels.
- Earned Media are the media that is generated about the brand from customer, prospects, analyst and even employees.
- Paid media – here the brand pays to put their content in the media channels owned by others – influencers, agencies etc.
- Some metrics to track social media.
- Deep dive into one of the key metrics on Share of Voice (SoV).
- Key Success parameters for SoV.
Key metrics are listed below.
For Benchmarks, you can refer to this nice blog.
What is Social
Share of Voice SoV ?
Voice (SoV) is the percentage of your organization’s social and digital
mentions in not owned channels (also known as earned media) compared to its
show that the brand that increase their digital SOV are more likely to grow
their market share over time.”
Share of voice is an important metric for:
- Monitoring what is trending in your industry
- Monitoring what is being said about YOU (& competitors)
- Identifying & connecting with top influencers
- Gaining insight on what content to create
- Tracking the impact of Industry events and press releases
- Improving Search Engine Result Pages (SERP)
- Monitoring corporate Risk
Key Success parameters for SoV
Here are some best practices for setting up organization
Customer-Relevant Thought Leadership Content
followers, Industry Leaders, Evangelizers. Increase your social clout.
Ensure that this KPI
is followed by ALL – Top to bottom
training of teams on social media.
Leverage the Press
Relations and Influencer department to the fullest
Seamless working with PR and analyst teams.
Execute a strong
social media management team
Ensure smooth Owned
Media operations. Remember – RT counts as earned media !!!
Embed Social Media
as a Key Component in Our “Digital First” Campaigns
Ensure Social media
is key component to all campaigns.
Industry, and Regional Events
generated content along with company content.
Discipline to Achieve Continuous Improvement
weakness and take corrective actions.
and Proactive Keyword Management
education of the internal and external facing employees on
encapsulates some of the salient points of social media metrics talk I have
given. To catch the entire video , please click here.